Whether you’re writing a dissertation, term paper, research paper or an essay, you need to cite your sources with the help of specific formatting styles. There are many types of styles which can be used. But generally, we use most common ones like MLA, APA, Harvard or Chicago styles. TheEssayHelp.com ensures that you get best essay writing services and also provide expert essay writers. This essay writing service also provides you with information regarding various academic projects. The style formats guide assures that the work material does support any plagiarism. The citations are an important part of research and should be followed very precisely. Ways to cite an essay with MLA, APA, and Harvard:
- Citing in MLA:-
- Make sure that it is the correct style for your work material. MLA is a formatting style of Modern Language Association. It is used in disciplines like English, foreign languages, literature and cultural studies. You should be aware of your teacher’s preference about the formatting style.
- You should recognize the two major components of citation. When you cite an essay, you add information in two places: Body of the paper and in the works that have come after it. Work cited is a bibliography that involves the lists all the sources used in the paper. The citation information that is included in the body of the paper and is known as “in-text citation.”
- Include correct information in the in-text citation: You need to reference the material in your essay and the author should know the information that you are citing. A page number must be included that will tell the reader about the information they can source. In MLA, the citations should appear at the end of the sentence. You also need to learn where the citation is needed and select the apt method for adding it.
- Citing in APA:-
- APA style stands for the American Psychological Association and it is widely used in business, nursing, social sciences, etc. You need to check the assignment sheets and the guidelines or even ask your professors to make sure that it is apt or not.
- In APA, you need to add the third element like the year in which the essay was published. You also need to list multiple essays by the same writer in an alphabetical order. Also, add the designation of the letter to the year in the in-text citation which shows the discussion of the essay.
- Citing in Chicago style’s note-bibliography system:-
- Decide the type of Chicago-style you want to use. This style can be used by a wide range of writers. It is used in subjects like literature, history, arts, etc. You also need to provide the notes at the bottom of the page or you can provide a full bibliography at the end of your text.
- When you use the notes-bibliography system, you should cite a quote or idea by using a footnote. Place a number in the superscript and the sentence at the end which contains the borrowed material.
Contact TheEssayHelp.com to know more!